23 Aug Jpb restaurant
Jpb restaurant is an urban eatery, located in Swissotel Sydney five star hotel, right in the heart of Sydney CBD. The chef, Joshua Askew is a young talent full of creative ideas. Along with him, the pastry chef, Tracy Allesina just bakes amazing desserts. Is it because she is French or because she used to be Quay chef pastry chef? Either way, she has introduced the Gourmet Coffee in Australia, so brownie point for her!
- Locally sourced produce
- Seasonally inspired dishes
- Located in the heart of Sydney CBD
- Very good French pastry chef
- Great value for money with Groupon deal available very often : 5 course menu with a bottle of wine for 2.
- Australian modern food
- Best main: Risotto with confi duck, asparagus, broad beans, porcini mushrooms, pine nuts $31
- Best starter: Hiramasa kingfish sashimi, pickled beetroot, horseradish, sea succulents, finger lime, puffed rice $19
- Best dessert : Passionfruit tart · coconut mousse · white chocolate vanilla ice cream $16
- Early Bird menu (including a glass of wine):
- 2 courses – $49
- 3 courses – $59
- Chef: Joshua Askew – Instagram @chef_joshaskew
- Pastry chef: Tracy Allesina _ Instagram @chef.tracy_a